How To Cook Stuffed Round CourgettesRead More
Thank you for your interest. Your message was sent successfully. Please allow up to 24 hours for your query to be seen.
There was a problem sending your e-mail. Sorry about that. Please try again later or e-mail using the address shown at the top of the page.
- 2 small red onions
- 2 peppers (red, green or yellow)
- 2 small round courgettes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 300 grams button mushrooms, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 300 grams cooked lentils
- 120 ml passata
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to sprinkle in the veggies
- A few grinds of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Cut the tops off the veggies and carefully scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Chop the onion and courgette flesh.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the chopped onion insides, garlic and a splash of water (or oil if you prefer). Once soft add the mushrooms and fry until browned. Add the carrot and chopped courgette flesh. Cook until the carrot is tender and the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the paprika and herbs and saute for a few seconds to release the flavours. Add the lentils, passata, salt and pepper and cook for a couple more minutes to allow the flavours to meld.
- Sprinkle the insides of the veggies with a bit of salt and pepper and stuff with the filling. Place them in a baking dish and put their tops back on. Bake for 45 – 60 minutes or until they can be easily pierced with a knife. Check on them from time to time and if the tops start burning, either take them out or cover them with tin foil.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.